Friday, January 8, 2010

Non-Objective Abstraction Acrylic Painting HIgh School Art

For these paintings I showed my Art Theory 2 class images of Morris Louis, Helen Frankenthaler, Frank Stella, Franz Kline, Jackson Pollack, Todd Chilton, and some others I can't remember. I taught them how to stretch and gesso their own canvases with pre-made stretcher boards. I emphasized using masking tape for hard edges and applying the paint in different ways including palette knives and a squeegee.










1 comment:

Sukhendu Bhattacharya said...

you have dipped my brush in your soul and your paintings are the emblem of the spontaneous overflow of your powerful feelings.It is independent and pure as it reflects your nature,and is the only way to traverse around the ether without leaving home.your paintings arrests motion and life,so that the spectator can feel its movement through his inner eye and read its silent poetry.It is a direct collaboration with God in an attempt to give a picturesque representation of his divine creations.My paintings and my work has made me feel that an artist does not tinker with the universe,he recreates it out of his own experience and understanding of life.